Tuesday 11 December 2012

IJE-The Journey -Nollywood's Highest Grossing Movie



IJE -The Journey, Nollywood's highest grossing movie of all time at the cinema is set to continue its winning ways in the DVD market. After several weeks of buzz, the award winning movie hit the DVD market and instantly recorded an unprecedented patronage, selling about 200, 000 on its first day on the shelf. The movie is selling in over 6000 stores in Nigeria, the US and some parts of North America and on music and video merchandising site, I-Tunes and Amazon
The movie, IJE has been tipped to achieve another Nollywood milestone by selling more at the DVD market thereby doing better than the previous bestseller The Return of Jenifa which sold well over 100,000 in its first week in the market. Speaking on the impressive DVD sales, the director and producer of the movie, Chineze Anyaene couldn't hide her joy at the feat "Selling that much on the first day is huge, its more than encouraging. It is not a common feat in a country like Nigeria as a director and producer is always up against various factors". For the New York Film Academy graduate, the journey into Nollywood has been interesting since she overcame her father's initial opposition of her career choice. "My father didn't want me to act in movies for the fear of men touching me on set.
He particularly said that no daughter of his would act because he was so uncomfortable with the way men touch ladies while on set but when I told him I was going behind the camera to direct and produce, he said ok, that's not bad. At a point my mum wanted me to study law but when I returned with my first short film, my father was stunned but very happy and couldn't believe I could do that, he was impressed.

Links:
IJE Official Website
Follow Genevieve Nnaji on Facebook
Follow Omotola Jolade on Facebook
Omotola official Website

No comments:

Post a Comment